Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Started in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas – accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We work hard, and we work fast, while maintaining the quality and accuracy we’re known for. We bring out the best in each other, always inventing and reinventing. You can do amazing work here. Our career development opportunities give you every resource you need to reach your full potential but it’s up to you to make that happen.
The CFO – Financial Products team works hand-in-hand with our Financial Products lines of business to support them in growing their businesses and achieving results. The CFO team works with each of the businesses on forecasting revenue, developing and implementing all commercial terms for products, and share in full P&L responsibility. A key role for the CFO team is to ensure proper financial controls are engrained in the various operational processes that support the businesses.
We are establishing a new team within this organization that will focus on all revenue impacting processes as well as pursue improvements to controls. The team will work with the businesses to streamline all client related revenue processes including new product establishment and changes to product commercials, client agreement and client ordering processes, and ultimately processes that determine client billing amounts.
What’s the role?
This role is to be the Project Manager to lead at least one workstream to develop current process documentation, identify opportunities for process improvement, and then develop a project plan and lead the project through implementation of improvements. You will coordinate with other work stream project managers and coordinate activities within an overall program structure. Will work closely with representatives from our Financial Products businesses as well as systems Engineering teams.
As an integral member of our CFO – Financial Products team, you:
- Have strong project management and business analysis skills
- Lead projects with enterprise-wide influence
- Successfully multi-task and work well with complex topics in a team environment
- Approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm and have the courage to take positions
- Have more than just an ability to identify requirements and drive projects-- you will make an impact by injecting your critical thinking and commercial acumen
- Question and implement processes and initiatives in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment while inspiring others.
- Interact hand in hand with our partners across the Bloomberg enterprise and you will be an integral part of our collaborative team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead high profile and strategic initiatives by understanding and executing on CFO driven system and process improvements
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Financial Products business, organization, processes and workflows in order to develop and enhance financial models.
- Interpret functional gaps, impacts, workflow requirements and analyze process improvement opportunities
- Use your superb relationship building skills to develop and maintain credible relationships with partners in the businesses in order to understand and identify improvements in current processes
- Develop your project timelines and drive to completion through agreement and support amongst different business, development, and operational teams while adhering to tight deadlines
- Support and co-ordinate development and execution of process changes
- Conduct post implementation analysis
- Highlight risks and issues
- Embrace and drive usage of new technologies, best industry practices and new methodologies
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Experience in full life-cycle project management
- Understanding of order processing through client billing processes
- Proven ability to influence and lead with and without authority
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience in full lifecycle project management of large process improvement initiatives
- Leadership facilitation experience
- Experience with ERP systems and product ordering through billing functionality
- Experience and knowledge of financial products
- Hands on background in business process modelling
- Additional relevant business certification such as Lean Six Sigma, PMP Certification
- Experience with Agile Product Development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)