New York, NY
Posted May 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 75020
The Network Team is responsible for supporting Bloomberg’s global network infrastructure in one of the largest private networks in the world. The team ensures our customers have 24/7 access to the network in order for them to run their business successfully. You will provide effective process management and reporting as an essential part of maintaining and safeguarding the Bloomberg network across all aspects of the company infrastructure including financial products, news media, data centers, internal IT.
What’s The Role?
Bloomberg has an exciting opportunity within the Global Network departments COO office support, maintain and develop our global network and telecommunications services. We are looking for a hands-on Project Manager to help support the Network Operations team based in New York. You will support a tight-knit group of engineers who are not just passionate about technology, but keen to pursue complex problems from analyzing packets to troubleshooting networks. You will also partner with a hardworking team with diverse backgrounds to collaborate with colleagues around the world. You will be a critical point of contact between Network Operations and various internal partners to improve the quality of our technical and telecommunication services provided to our customers.
You will have oversight of project performance, reporting, budgeting and commercial engagements, and process management to ensure consistency in applying best practices across the department.
We'll Trust You To:
- Ensure assigned projects meet overall performance
- Engage, oversee all communication for all stakeholders across the enterprise
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote department culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to department heads in all matters of importance
- Be responsible for the relationship of Vendors/Partners
You’ll Need To Have:
- 5+ years leading an integrated project team
- Outstanding organizational and leadership ability
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience with data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Working knowledge of networking and telecommunications
We’d Love To See:
- Knowledge of PMBOK and standard project management methodologies
- IP and network infrastructure exposure
- Agile methodology knowledge (e.g. Kanban or Scrum)
- Familiarity with the telecommunication industry
- Knowledge of ITIL and CDCMP standard methodologies
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.