We Protect Bloomberg.
As part of the Chief Information Security Office - our Security Analytics team is dedicated to identifying, researching, and solving complex information security problems using a data-centric approach.
Working closely with the security, development, and product teams - we collect, process, and analyze data generated throughout the company to find new approaches to take on hard security challenges.
What's The Role?
As a Python Data Science Software Engineer, you’ll help design and build our analytics platform while collaborating closely with the rest of the team on the data science research projects.
We'll Trust You To:
- Identify and think about hard to solve information security problems
- Collect and curate data needed to understand and solve the problems
- Facilitate data and information flow between security teams
- Explore, research, describe, and analyze data
- Communicate the insights and results of our analysis
You'll Need To Have:
- Knowledge of Python with familiarity and comfort working with most aspects of the language
- Strong programming skills with an understanding of what it takes to write high quality code
- Initiative and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment with minimum supervision
- An interest in Information Security, data science, and machine learning
- Deep understanding of computer and networking fundamentals
We'd Love To See:
- A Passion about designing and building software to help solve problems
- Good basic knowledge of probability and statistic concepts
- Familiarity/interest in learning our technology stack:
- Visualization: D3.js, Sigma.js
- Python 3 (numpy, scipy, pandas), R (dplyr, datatable), Jupyter
- Apache, Postgres, Elasticsearch
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, and in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.