Python Data Science Software Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Nov 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 65861
We protect Bloomberg.
As part of the Chief Information Security Office - our Security Data Science team is dedicated to identifying, researching, and solving complex information security problems using a data-centric approach.
Working closely with the security, development, and product teams - we collect, process, and analyze data generated throughout the company to find new approaches to take on hard security challenges.
What's the Role?
As a Python Data Science Software Engineer, you’ll help design and build our information security data science platform while collaborating closely with the rest of the team on the data science research and development projects.
We'll Trust You To:
- Identify and think about hard to solve information security problems
- Collect and curate data needed to understand and solve the problems
- Contribute to and help drive the development of our data science platform
- Explore, research, describe, and analyze data
- Communicate the insights and results of our analysis
You'll Need To Have:
- Strong Python programming skills with an understanding of what it takes to write high quality code
- Familiarity and comfort with most aspects of Python 3 including object-oriented programming and the data science stack
- Initiative and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment with minimum supervision
- An interest in Information Security, data science, machine learning, and learning new technologies
- Deep understanding of computer and networking fundamentals
- At least 3 years of development experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology related field
We'd Love To See:
- A passion for designing and building software to help solve problems
- Good conceptual knowledge of probability and statistic
- Familiarity/interest in learning our technology stack:
Python 3 development experience (flask, SQLAlchemy, requests, etc.)
Python data science stack (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, sklearn, Jupyter, etc.)
Experience working with graph data
Apache, PostgreSQL, Docker
ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, and in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability