Python Grader - Training and Documentation Consultant
New York, NY
Posted Jun 19, 2020 - Requisition No. 83548
The Bloomberg Engineering Training and Documentation team provides learning opportunities to develop the technical skills of our nearly 6,000+ software engineers. We have a passion for technology and a love for sharing information in interactive and engaging training events.
We are looking for talented programmers who will provide support to the Engineering New Hire Training Team by grading evaluated projects and peer code reviews as well as providing feedback on areas of improvement for the entry level training programs. There may be opportunities to mentor students in design and coding skills as well. Applicants should have python coding and reviewing skills, be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week, and be able to work under tight deadlines. This is an ideal opportunity for someone working towards their master or PhD in Computer Science. For candidates with strong coding ability, this role can also be full time.
We’ll trust you to:
- Become familiar with evaluated assignments created by the team
- Grade each evaluated assignment based on grading guidelines
- Keep track of evaluated assignment grading deadlines
- Communicate effectively with training class managers and team leaders about trainee assignments
- Follow team protocol and procedures for handling grading related issues
- Take on additional development projects for the team
You'll need to have:
- 1+ year of Object Oriented Design and Development Experience
- 1+ year of demonstrated experience with Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks
We’d love to see:
- Experience working in a fast pace environment
- A strong team player working on a large team
- Experience using Github
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.