QA Analyst (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 71142
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally.
Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Bloomberg Media Distribution ("BMD") is a leading provider of news, photos, videos, and data to publishers, broadcasters and other companies in more than 60 countries. From news feeds and video packages to reprints, data and more, Bloomberg offers premium business content through the Bloomberg Content Service.
Bloomberg Media Distribution is seeking a motivated individual to serve as the primary quality assurance analyst. We believe strongly in test-driven development - and rely heavily on our manual and functional QA processes for prioritization, escalation, and to assure that we maintain the highest standards for our distribution channels.
You’ll need to have:
- Be able to troubleshoot content via web/mobile/feeds (RSS, FTP, HTTP based restful API)
- Support Product Operations personnel for critical production issues as needed.
- Have experience with ticketing systems such as Jira, Trello
- Have fluency in testing suite, for example, QTP, Selenium etc.
- Performance test: Jmeter or Blazemeter etc.
- Exposure to API automation test tools like Rest Assured or SOAP UI will be a plus
- Scripting skills with Python, PERL
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support sites and services
- Maintain multiple levels of scripted tests, based on product specifications and user data, to maintain the right combination of operating systems and browser
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to improve business value derived from application
- Define entry/exit criteria for test phases and put together QA metrics
We’d love to see:
- Expertise in developing and integrating automated tests into a Continue Delivery Pipeline
- Experience testing end-to-end stack, working with APIs (REST, RSS) and service based architecture
- Experience scripting (UNIX, PERL, shell etc.), writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of software methodologies (Agile preferred)
- Knowledge of market data industries, news is a plus.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.