Quality Assurance Engineer - Enterprise Content
New York, NY
Posted Nov 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 111099
Bloomberg runs on data. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision makers to accurate data on the financial markets and help them make faster, smarter decisions. The Enterprise Content engineering group develops data products, which acquire and process tremendous amounts of data. Our products span across a variety of asset classes such as Equities, Bonds, Commodities, Derivatives, Futures & Options, among others. These products cut across a variety of problem domains including Reference Data, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulations, Risk Analytics, Environmental - Social - Governance (ESG), Market Data to name a few.
Our engineering teams develop systems to acquire, store and process billions of data points daily, utilizing our highly scalable distributed infrastructure. Our data pipelines and workflows leverage several programming languages and a slew of open source technologies. We work very closely with domain experts from our Product teams as well as from other parts of Bloomberg.
We are at the exciting intersection of finance and technology, where access to fast, accurate, and high-quality data is paramount. Our clients, which include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, insurance, and other financial institutions, are continually increasing their sophistication and use of automation; therefore, we are just at the beginning of our journey. Joining our team will provide you with tremendous growth opportunities as we embark on our quest to solve complex domain & technical challenges.
What’s the role:
We are looking for a Data Quality Assurance Engineer to participate in the testing efforts across several key initiatives that involve data acquisition and processing. You will participate in weekly software Quality Control processes with a goal of improving and automating this process. We expect you to help us develop QA tools and drive the automation of our testing efforts. To be successful in the role, you should be ambitious and creative with strong interpersonal and project management skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks.
We expect you to:
- Analyze test result reports of reference, pricing, and analytics data
- Build and maintain Python scripts to facilitate testing
- Learn and enhance the manual QC process
- Test our distributed platform using the Python-based test framework
- Outline the test strategy for functional testing as well as data quality testing
- Build and execute tests consistent with those strategies
- Craft and conduct performance and load tests to ensure the Platform performs and scales appropriately
- Plan and conduct integration, system, regression, performance, functional and non-functional tests
We will trust you to:
- Identify risks to deliverables and escalate appropriately to key partners
- Get involved with projects outside typical QA responsibilities, such as programming, automation and training to allow you to further enhance your technical skills
- Produce high quality documentation of test execution
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of technical / programming experience
- Prior experience of QA automation and developing tools to help with such automation
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX/Windows
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong presentation, training and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage projects to completion
- BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field or relevant boot camp experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience with GitHub, Selenium, ROBOT
- Experience writing code in Python, C++, .Net, Java
- Experience working with financial data
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 170,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus