Quantitative Analyst, Climate Risk
New York, NY
Posted Dec 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 112149
Bloomberg's Quantitative Analytics Team is responsible for modeling, implementing and deploying derivatives pricing models across all asset classes, as well as market and credit risk models, supporting the entire suite of Bloomberg products and services. This includes its terminal with 300,000+ clients, trading system solutions, enterprise risk management, and derivatives valuation service. The team ensures that state-of-the-art models driven by high quality market data are brought together in robust, fast and accurate implementations, keeping Bloomberg at the cutting-edge of pricing and risk analytics.
The group seeks a quant analyst with experience working on designing and implementing climate risk models and their link to market and credit risk models. You will participate in many stages of quantitative developments as well as interaction with relevant stakeholders and clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand and validate third-party models to identify and address their possible weaknesses and gaps, and perform a thorough analysis of the data they are using
- Document third-party methodology for portfolio climate scoring and impact aggregation
- Research on and develop climate risk models for estimating physical as well as transition risk
- Develop a model to map climate risk scenarios into potential financial impacts on portfolios, companies and instruments
- Document and communicate findings to internal and external clients as necessary
You'll need to have:
- Master's degree
- Proven knowledge of climate risk models, and how they can be linked to macro-economic models and credit risk models
- Demonstrated knowledge of actuarial science and statistical analysis
- Python programming skills
- Demonstrated effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
We’d love to see:
- PhD in a technical discipline (mathematics, finance, physics, engineering or similar field)
- History of team collaboration and comfort in a multi-developer environment with a facility for interacting with quants, IT groups and product managers
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps, but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 155,000 - 285,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus