Quantitative Research Engineer - Artificial Intelligence Group
New York, NY
Posted Nov 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 111390
At Bloomberg, we pride ourselves in possessing a deep understanding of Financial markets which helps us release mission critical products and services to our clients ranging from various pricing solutions for instruments such as fixed income securities, security recommendations, criteria based search, and much more. This exciting area is full of challenges which we solve using state of the art machine learning models.
More about us:
The AI Group is the central engineering group with 200+ researchers and engineers working together to build data-driven customer-facing products, as well as AI infrastructure and algorithms used by engineers across the company. We also publish papers, attend conferences, organize workshops, and contribute back to the larger AI and open source community whenever we can. Broadly, we are looking for colleagues to who are passionate about:
- Software engineering
- Parallel and distributed systems
- Natural language processing
- Information retrieval
- Information extraction
- Reinforcement learning
- Graphical models
- Recommender systems
- Knowledge graphs
- Automatic speech recognition
- Machine learning for finance (pricing and recommendation)
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with colleagues on production systems and applications
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code
- Design, experiment, and evaluate algorithms as well as models
- Represent Bloomberg at scientific and industry conferences
- Publish research findings in leading academic venues
You’ll need to have:
- Masters, or a Ph.D. in CS, ML, Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Quant, or relevant industry experience.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Broad experience developing software for quantitative investment workflows in equities, fixed income or multi-asset strategies.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Python, C++, or Java
If this sounds like you, apply! In addition, do check out our blog, http://TechAtBloomberg.com/AI to learn more about our publications and projects.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 165,000 - 250,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus