Quantitative Researcher - Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG)
New York, NY
Posted May 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 116343
Bloomberg's Index and ESG Quant Research supports various products that serve global asset owners and managers. A core group mandate is the integration of ESG and sustainability-related data and models into the investment process. We are seeking a quantitative researcher to specialize in investor workflows, including the creation of indices and portfolios, involving climate-related goals or targets as primary objectives. The successful candidate will be passionate about developing models for wider sustainable and ESG-aware investments and encouraging further commercial opportunities.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop tools and strategies for constructing climate-aware portfolios across all asset classes
- Communicate clearly through face-to-face meetings, presentations and written publications
- Perform literature reviews and keep apprised of sustainable investing research
- Collaborate with analysts, data and production implementation teams
- Propose and substantiate new research ideas
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of related work experience*
- Master's degree
- Proven knowledge of Python
- Demonstrated understanding of Data Science and ML techniques
- Professional experience working in the ESG space
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of financial markets and common use cases of data products
- PhD in STEM or quantitative finance
- Experience with portfolio construction, factor models and optimization
- Familiarity with climate regulations, climate pathways and models for climate risk
- Cross-team collaboration and client interaction
- Technical acumen and the ability to explain results and model features to non-technical audiences
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we will certainly consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 155,000 - 285,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus