Quantitative Researcher - Fixed Income Risk Models, Enterprise Products
New York, NY
Posted Mar 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 101922
Bloomberg’s Portfolio and Index Research group is responsible for the development of quantitative models for the analysis of portfolio risk & performance, as well as the research of investment strategies across asset classes that capture systematic premia or investor preferences. Within this group, the Fixed Income Analytics & Portfolio Research team supports the risk model, attribution, and scenario analysis for all fixed income cash bonds and derivatives using advanced quantitative techniques.
We are seeking a quantitative researcher to join an active research team responsible for fixed income risk model and performance attribution. The particular role will be primarily focused on the development and support of risk and attribution models for fixed income bonds and derivatives. The role reports to the head of the Fixed Income Analytics & Portfolio Research team.
We are looking for someone with strong programming skills who is able to demonstrate expertise in quantitative analysis techniques, including knowledge and experience with a range of data sources and statistical analysis. Additionally, we would like you to have experience with building a single security pricing model and analytics.
We’ll trust you to:
- Validate security level analytics generated by Bloomberg pricing models
- Develop and validate models covering risk forecast and performance attribution for fixed income and derivatives
- Collaborate with Data, Product and Engineering teams
- Propose and substantiate new research ideas
- Communicate clearly through face-to-face meetings, presentations and written publications
- Deliver complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- PhD degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance or a similarly quantitative field
- Strong programming skills in Python and database languages such as SQL
- Familiarity with Linux, shell script and GitHub
- Experience building single security pricing models for bonds and fixed income derivatives
- Experience implementing statistical models that apply cross-sectional and time-series econometrics, dimensionality reduction, and optimization techniques
- 5+ years of experience working on a team dealing with fixed income analytics or quantitative portfolio research
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge in portfolio research
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.