Quantitative Researcher - Multi-Asset Index Design, Enterprise Products
New York, NY
Posted Mar 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 101914
Bloomberg's Index and ESG Research team supports the Index business in the development of custom indices as well as ESG product development. The role reports to the head of the Index and ESG Research team within the broader Portfolio Risk and Index Quant Research group.
We are seeking a quantitative researcher to join an active research team focused on multi-asset index design. A successful candidate will be passionate about opportunities to offer systematic approaches to meeting investment goals.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and validate models for investment signal extraction and aggregation into targeted strategies
- Collaborate with Data, Product and Engineering teams
- Propose and substantiate new research ideas
- Communicate clearly through face-to-face meetings, presentations and written publications
- Deliver complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Perform literature reviews and keep apprised of index research
You'll need to have:
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance or commensurate industry experience
- 2+ years experience developing equity and/or commodity quantitative investment strategies having client-facing responsibilities in investment banking, asset management or indexing
- Very strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with factor analysis and optimization
- Knowledge of one or more statistical programming languages – Python is strongly preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.