Who you are:
You are an organized, energetic, creative, and collaborative recruiting leader who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You’ve led teams with aggressive targets and yet you never let quality slip. You know the financial services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, analysts, developers, leaders and innovative talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities.
What you’ll do:
You will manage a high caliber, best in class experienced recruiting team covering Financial Products for the Americas. Financial Products is the most fundamental part of Bloomberg’s revenue and marketplace strategy. Our Financial Products business is a dynamic group that includes Analytics, Sales, Market Specialists, Enterprise Product, Enterprise Data and Tradebook. Out of the gate you will play in a player-coach role and manage a team of experienced recruiters and coordinators whom you will inspire with confidence in your vision and plan.
We’ll trust you to:
- Operate as a player–coach within the Financial Products recruiting team, taking the lead recruiting role with various businesses based on critical business challenges and opportunities
- Have a strong development oriented and coaching mindset to cultivate a team of diverse recruiters and coordinators
- Engage and retain top talent within your own team and the broader recruiting function
- Implement initiatives to foster a high performance culture, where continuous improvement and change is the norm
- Influence the Global Recruiting Partner to ensure deliverables and strong partnership with the Business Partners, Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Development and Recruiting Operations
- Partner with the various senior business managers and internal HR community to deliver against an aggressive hiring plan while building out our team, systems and processes
- Engage in workforce planning, HR business planning and forecasting as well as establish and track metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness
- Refine and increase the quality of search delivery, stay abreast of market trends affecting our businesses as well as employment trends
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of recruiting experience, including the successful recruitment of experienced and senior-level professionals
- 3+ years of management experience and a successful track record of building, inspiring and managing a recruiting team
- The ability to influence people without direct authority and effectively network within a mega-matrixed organization.
We’d love to see:
- Strategic thinking with the ability to execute on assignments and make decisions independently with limited information
- Experience leading teams and developing people through a strategic recruiting - transformation/change
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment and have a flexible approach
- The ability to foster collaboration, maintain open communication and build strong business partnerships
- You understand what financial people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know a bunch of these folks
- Every company says they have a fast-paced and deadline-driven culture, but Bloomberg really does
- Not only do you know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple innovative tricks up your sleeve
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.