Regional Program Manager - Leadership & Talent Development - Human Resources
New York, NY
Posted Mar 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 114841
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
We are Leadership & Talent Development. Our team is a group of leadership, learning and organizational development specialists working alongside HR Talent Partners, HR Business Partners and Business Leaders. We use a broad approach to developing learning solutions and talent strategies, always taking into account Bloomberg's global scope and diverse businesses. We support Bloomberg's overall business goals by serving as partners and consultants, helping to engage and activate the potential of all talent. It’s the most important thing we do and it’s our purpose.
What's the role?
You'll be part of a global leadership and talent development team (L&TD) that designs, delivers and evaluates talent development approaches, training and processes for individual contributors, to new leaders and senior managers. You will be helping ensure Bloomberg attracts, retains, and advances our greatest asset - our people.
Our Regional Program Manager, based in New York, will be responsible for providing a holistic approach to how we assess, develop and accelerate talent and ensure we are leveraging the most effective tools and resources to support our HR and Business stakeholders. You will be responsible for connecting the dots across our talent resources including coaching and assessment to help optimize the delivery of talent initiatives and drive a progressive and effective approach to performance and development.
Your role involves oversight for the full suite of Talent Management tools and systems, including our performance management process, 180-degree feedback program, and talent mobility dashboard. This encompasses design, execution, logistics management, and branding in collaboration with key stakeholders. The ultimate goal is to progress our key talent development resources that support the experience, engagement and development of our employees.
You will manage our global Coaching portfolio at an enterprise level. This includes strategy; vendor management; process management; and data analysis to measure impact. You will be responsible for partnering with HR Stakeholders to market and brand the approach and help embed a culture of coaching. In conjunction with the coaching portfolio, you will be responsible to support our global Assessment strategy which serves both enterprise wide curriculum and critical transition programs. Aligning assessment and coaching to our broader programs will be imperative to evolving an impactful approach which continually builds and develops skills at all levels of the organization.
Proficiency with data gathering, analysis, and presentation of insights is critical. This role will require synthesizing existing needs analyses, problem-solving and supplementing with additional qualitative and quantitative data. You will work closely with L&TD content experts on the team, Regional Talent Partners and HR Partners globally, to continuously build on our strategy to drive adoption, make recommendations around our approach to talent management and measure business results. This role requires continuous inspection of program effectiveness and identification of opportunities to simplify, scale, and drive impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Work with multiple teams across HR, manage end-to-end program requirements ensuring effective delivery of all program aspects, this includes the development of detailed project plans and timelines, meeting schedules, as well as program status reports
- Identify and manage inter-dependencies and risks across projects
- Manage vendors, budgets and expenses across key programs
- Work with the L&TD Leadership Team to design and deliver executive level summary updates and presentations, including business impact, and supporting data analysis
- Drive the branding and communications of the programs you lead with key stakeholders in HR and in the Business
- Develop new and creative ways to engage, inform and gather insights from our key stakeholders (HRBPs, Talent Partners, D&I, Learning Teams). Take action on these insights through analysis and making suggestions for improvement. Establish a regular cadence and format for when and how this occurs
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 8+* years of experience managing global programs with multiple facets and stakeholders, which includes having a skill set for planning work, prioritizing, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track within a dynamic and fluid environment, comfortable resolving issues and managing risks and delivering results with tight deadlines and on budget
- Ideally experience with Talent Management and/or Leadership Development or similar programs
- Ideally experience managing coaching, assessment and talent management programs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the adeptness to convert data and research into measurable and actionable items
- Ability to display a global mindset, with experience driving cross-functional prioritization and alignments on enterprise-wide projects
- A can-do approach with sound commercial acumen
- A consistent track record operating within a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Comfort in influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, the ability to translate business needs into actions and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong facilitation/presentation and interpersonal skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 160,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus