Regional Program Manager AMER - Leadership & Talent Development
New York, NY
Posted Jan 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 80661
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and you know exactly what that means. In Global Talent, we're passionate about finding, hiring and developing all-star talent at Bloomberg. It’s the most important thing we do, and it’s our purpose. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and building curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
The best athletes have coaches that make them world-class; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realize their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organization. We believe that having the right leaders is critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation happens. We want to have a future-focused leadership agenda so that we have the right pipelines and plans for the right leaders, with the right skills, ready at the right time. Our leadership approach needs to be business aligned, commercially relevant, and pragmatic. We are constantly challenged to meet firm wide, global business objectives while also adapting to local requirements. We collaborate extensively within our team and across the organization.
What's the role?
Our Regional Program Manager, to be based in New York, is a newly created position in our Leadership and Talent Development team. In this role you will manage the delivery of learning and development solutions that build leadership capabilities of Bloomberg employees. You will have a hands-on role in leading the execution of program components, improving processes, managing program logistics, engaging stakeholders, and learning from participant feedback to improve the learning experience. This role will require synthesizing existing needs analyses and supplementing with additional qualitative and quantitative data as needed. You will work closely with content experts in our L&TD team as well as Talent Partners and HRBPs globally to continuously build on our strategy to drive adoption and measure business results. Proficiency with data gathering, analysis, and presentation of insights is critical. Additionally, this role requires continuous inspection of program effectiveness and identification of opportunities to simplify, scale, and drive impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage end-to-end program requirements ensuring effective delivery of all program aspects
- Collaborate with global team to lead enterprise wide program rollout while taking into account local needs and required customizations
- Develop meeting schedules, detailed project plans and timelines, as well as program status reports
- Partner closely with EMEA/APAC coordinator to provide framework for global rollouts
- Work with multiple teams across HR to ensure seamless project planning, execution, and management
- Continuously evaluate solutions for not only quality and business impact, but scalability as well
- Work with Regional Head of Leadership and Talent Development and the Global Program Manager to deliver executive level summary updates and presentations, including business impact, and supporting data analysis
- Identify and manage inter-dependencies and risks across projects
- Ensure that data analysis is used to plan for programs and to measure and present effectiveness of content and utilization of those programs
- Manage vendors, budgets and expenses across key programs
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5+ years* experience managing global programs with multiple facets and stakeholders
- Experience working with senior leadership to manage and deliver strategic program management enterprise wide
- Passion and desire to work within a dynamic and diverse team environment
- Degree in Business Administration or HR / Organizational Development-Experience of managing complex projects to a high standard, within budget and to required time frames
- Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment, presenting to individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures
- Proven program management skills including planning work, prioritizing and managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track within a dynamic and fluid environment, comfortable resolving issues and managing risks and using time well and delivering results with tight deadlines.
- Strong communication and listening skills, ability to respect other perspectives and be a reliable member of a team
- A can-do approach with sound commercial acumen, the ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the adeptness to convert data and research into measurable areas of focus
- Ability to display a global mindset, with experience driving cross-functional prioritization and alignments on enterprise wide projects
- Comfort in influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.