Regulatory Reporting Sales Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Sep 26, 2019 - Requisition No. 78662
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
What's the role?
As a regulatory reporting specialist product sales executive, you will be responsible for growing the Bloomberg Regulatory Reporting footprint throughout the North American market. Success involves understanding the nature of the NA market for our specific services and navigating US based sell-side, buy-side and market infrastructure (MTF/SEF/Exchanges) organizations to identify and close new sales opportunities. You will need to navigate to, and engage the appropriate teams and individuals within the target organizations to sell the specific Bloomberg services we offer. Product sales people are expected to bring existing subject matter expertise to the organization, an understanding of the competitive landscape and the gaps in the market that create demand and result in sales opportunities. Your remit will be to grow our revenue across any of the reporting solutions we offer and any of the global jurisdictions to NA based firms or branches of foreign firms that operate in North America. The regulations that are important to have a working knowledge of are CFTC [Dodd-Frank] Swap Reporting, EMIR, MiFIR, CSA [CAD] Swap Reporting.
We will trust you to:
- Build valuable, trusted and enduring relationships with your customers
- Build an in-depth understanding around our client’s workflow for trade and transaction reporting
- Collaborate with all groups within Enterprise Sales in fostering our reg reporting franchise
- Take responsibility for growing our revenue & client base by through prospecting, relationship management, referrals, cross-selling and attending external events/conferences
- Provide detailed feedback to our product development teams to help us continuously improve so we can anticipate our client’s future needs
- Make the best use of our flat corporate structure to network across various departments; relying on specific expertise to help deliver solutions to our clients
You will need to have:
- Deep understanding of OTC and exchange traded derivatives life cycle management
- Experience in one or more regulatory reporting regimes listed above
- Excellent presentation, relationship building and communication skills
- The ability for regular travel
We’d love to see:
- An understanding of the Bloomberg product eco-system and the different business streams that we operate
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.