Renewable Diesel Pricing Analyst - Remote (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Nov 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 106422
Green Markets, a Bloomberg Company, offers an exciting opportunity for a Renewable Diesel Pricing Analyst to join a growing market research team. This position is offered as remote-located, or can be located at any Bloomberg office location in the United States.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Terminal. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength: leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively.
For over 40 years, Green Markets has improved the performance of companies across commodity product value chains. By creating market transparency, Green Markets enables professionals to make more informed decisions and improve company performance.
Green Markets has recently expanded its industry coverage to include renewable diesel. Through a new market report, the business will provide detailed insight on pricing trends and market conditions. The new product will be offered for sale to market participants including renewable diesel manufacturers, distributors and diesel end-users.
The Renewable Diesel Pricing Analyst continually develops and manages a network of industry participants representing buyers, sellers, and market intermediaries. Following specific guidelines the analyst regularly engages with and gathers data from market participants to develop proprietary price assessments for key product and regional markets.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to develop a strong network within the renewable diesel industry to ascertain market developments and undertake price discovery as the market matures. The role requires communicating with market participants on the buy and sell side, learning/knowing/uncovering market trends and developments, and synthesizing this information to develop proprietary market intelligence to be used across renewable diesel markets by a variety of constituents.
You will be responsible for sourcing market sentiment information, reacting to feedback from clients and company stakeholders, and managing ad-hoc projects that are part of the overall product strategy. Your knowledge will also play a central part in the marketing of any product launch.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop proprietary renewable diesel price and market sentiment source network
- Work within a pricing discovery process provided to you by Bloomberg
- Use of salesforce automation software that simplifies and organizes network development; provides activity tracking using established methods and best practices
- Use of a source and pricing data tracking tool to organize data and provide transparency of network/source feedback
- Operate within established ethical guidelines to be provided
- Obtain current market prices and market sentiment narrative for renewable diesel products
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in analyzing, buying, selling or brokering renewable diesel
- Credible contacts in the U.S. renewable diesel markets and/or a strong understanding of the companies operating in this industry
- Strong communication, interpersonal, networking and relationship development skills
- Analytical and information gathering skills combined with the ability to develop conclusions on market pricing trends
- A Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- A passion for understanding the nuances of the renewable diesel industry
- Interest in continuous learning and expanding industry knowledge base
- Ability to assimilate and transform gathered market intelligence into narrative market reporting
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 50 - 75 USD Hourly