Reporter - Bloomberg Wealth
New York, NY
Posted May 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 90704
Bloomberg News is looking for a wealth whisperer. This is a unique opportunity to chronicle how the 1% make, manage and spend their money. As a member of Bloomberg's expanding Wealth team, you’ll focus on what our readers can learn from how the rich handle their finances – whether that’s through real estate, the latest IPOs, alternative investments or crypto – to how they do their taxes and plan for inheritance.
You will be expected to break news on how the wealthy protect their money and look for ways to expand it. You should also be a strong writer who is comfortable producing quick, smart and witty pieces, in addition to richly detailed longer-form and investigative features.
We're looking for a self-starter with a passion for telling the story of people's successes and failures, and the ability to demystify markets and macroeconomics and make them relevant to readers’ lives.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of three years reporting experience
- Ideas for new and exciting ways to capture the reader's imagination
- Sound news judgement and a talent for looking beyond the obvious story
- A willingness to work well within a team and with others across the newsroom
- Digital and multimedia skills, and a strong visual sensibility
- A sense of humor is welcome
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.