Research Data Product Manager - Enterprise Content
New York, NY
Posted Jan 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 113257
We are Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding! We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and financial technology (FinTech) needs. Our endless selection of datasets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling enables our clients to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Put simply, our award-winning data helps power the capital markets!
Research Data Product Manager: Our research data solutions will deliver the most compelling, innovative and comprehensive point in time data solution for quantitative and quantimental analysis in the capital markets industry. We are producing a suite of normalized and linked historical data products that include company fundamentals, consensus estimates, pricing, supply chain, granular segment level data, products, brands and alternative data into an unprecedented data solution. We want an ambitious, creative and innovative SME that understands the systematic and quantitative workflow who can help us fashion this portfolio of products into something truly unique that will help us achieve our goal of becoming the industry leader in this space.
This business is core to our growth strategy across Enterprise Data, and our ambition is to continue servicing the most complex demands and challenges of our clients so that they can keep innovating and delivering value to their clients.
Our team is responsible for identifying, creating, and designing data solutions that leverage Bloomberg's proprietary analytics and industry-leading research data. This requires an in-depth understanding of a research analyst's workflow. Key to this is understanding the multi-dimensional challenges our clients are trying to solve and making sure that we remain their trusted partner as they work with us to build solutions driven by best-in-class data.
We will trust you to:
- Show domain expertise on research and alternative data, and how analysts they are linking these datasets together to create an edge in an increasingly competitive market
- Stay current on major research trends within the financial industry that continue to evolve and disrupt traditional thinking and drive the many use cases for enterprise data
- Develop a deep understanding of our enterprise offering when it comes to our content as well as the accessibility, usability, quality, tools, and services available to clients that allow them to deepen their interaction and usage of our content
- Set, track, and review metrics for desired product outcomes and clearly communicate product vision, roadmap, and development status and implement through collaboration with multiple stakeholders including global data specialists, sales, engineers, and support organization
- Develop a positive relationship with a core group of clients that will partner with us to expand our understanding of their key challenges and evolve our offering through ongoing dialogue and experimentation to systematically solve their challenges
- Display product management skills and manage data product specification, prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Understand data science techniques and platforms that our clients are either building or leveraging to extract value from big data
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving, analytical, and technical skills through programming languages and data engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Product Manager or related role
- Understanding of capital markets, preferably in a broad range of asset classes
- Familiarity with data science and quantitative investing processes
- Basic proficiency in Python, R, or other programming languages typically used in data science
- Problem solving skills to deconstruct client problems with a data driven approach when making a business case for resources, enhancements, and getting management buy-in
- Self-motivated and driven by innovation and idea sharing
- The capability of fostering relationships with new and existing clients as well building an internal network that fosters collaboration and build on a strong culture of teamwork
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, business management, or other related field.
- Strong proficiency in Python, R, or other programming languages typically used in data science.
You will need to have:
We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional. Enterprise Data page: https://data.bloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 140,000 - 295,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus