Revenue & Expense Accountant
New York, NY
Posted Feb 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 88712
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation - which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation, empowers clients, and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Global Finance team, headquartered in Manhattan, is looking for a strong Accountant to join our team! This position is responsible for Bloomberg revenue/expense accounting and acting as a primary liaison between the accounting department, CFOs and the business. Key responsibilities include; the month-end close process, quarterly outlook/budgeting process, providing customer service to CFO teams and other key stakeholders, assisting with the interim and annual financial audits, completing various special projects and ad hoc requests as well as management reporting. This position is also responsible for providing Balance Sheet, P&L, and financial controls oversight.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver and drive useful reporting with analytical insights
- Be accountable for the financial integrity, accuracy and oversight of the financial reporting package
- Work to ensure compliance of all financial requirements and reporting are met
- Document, control, review, and improve policy and procedures as well as departmental tasks to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them to provide objective, timely, and accurate financial information to meet regulatory and legislative requirements
- Effectively make decisions on more complex issues, giving consideration to relevant costs, benefits and risks
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to internal customers and management in order to drive business decision making across the company
- Demonstrate the initiative to drive change and influence others across the organization in support of the company's goals and objectives
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information
You need to have:
- CPA preferred
- BS/BA or MBA in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years relevant experience with demonstrated performance within the month close process and financial reporting, forecasting & analysis
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong Excel skills
- Project Management skills
- Strong presence and communication skills with ability to interact with Senior Leadership
- Accounting, Reporting & Internal Controls Expertise
- Demonstrated high performer
We'd love to see:
- SAP/Business Warehouse knowledge
- Financial Analytics Expertise
- Process & Systems Expertise
- Analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Works well under pressure and is able to course correct when faced with unexpected challenges
- Audit background is a plus, preferably with “Big 4”.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.