Risk Analyst - Index
New York, NY
Posted Oct 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 110491
Bloomberg Indices is seeking a highly motivated and driven Risk Specialist to support Bloomberg's regulated index business, Bloomberg Index Services Limited (BISL). BISL is in a growth stage and it is an exciting time to join the team to take our index business to the next level.
What’s the Role?
As a Risk Specialist, you will be trusted to operate parts of BISL’s risk framework and to collaborate across BISL stakeholders and the wider Bloomberg enterprise to support or conduct process review engagements with the business to identify, assess & measure risks and controls, and identify issues requiring mitigation.
We'll trust you to:
- Step into the fast-paced day-to-day business environment and acquire an understanding of the objectives of the business and existing processes
- Support BISL’s Risk Manager in operating and improving BISL’s risk framework to identify, assess, measure, mitigate, and monitor risks
- Collaborate with Engineers, Index Product and Index Production to develop risk-based control testing plans and perform periodic control testing and to develop metrics that will enable effective risk monitoring
- Compile management information on risks to existing governance and oversight bodies, including the board
- Support, conduct or manage periodic risk assessments across various business processes
- Map out processes and identify key dependencies, risks, controls, and issues as well as rank them, with input from BISL management, based on impact and probability
- Manage risk related information in the firm’s EGRC tool
- Help with the creation of Risk Committee materials and meeting minutes
- 5+ years of experience in Risk Management, Index Operations, Index Compliance, and/or Management Consulting*
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or related subject area
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Baseline understanding of information technology concepts and operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to simplify difficult concepts and challenges by thinking analytically
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills crucial for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/?utm_medium=Adwords&utm_source=pdsrch&utm_content=careers&tactic=434671&gclid=CjwKCAjw4c-ZBhAEEiwAZ105Rd8aiSFnXGQm3fYCYQYLum3RawLWHcO7tMIu9R_8i-Z3W9YA0Wp_hBoC_kAQAvD_BwE
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 190,000 - 250,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus