Risk Specialist - Enterprise Products
New York, NY
Posted Aug 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 106310
Multiple solutions. One system. Bloomberg’s Multi-Asset Risk System (MARS) is a comprehensive suite of risk management tools that delivers consistent, consolidated results across client’s entire firm. Powered by Bloomberg’s world-class pricing library, market data and mortgage cash flow engine, MARS enables front office, risk and collateral professionals to analyze their trading and investment portfolios, manage and mitigate their exposure and ready themselves for any turn of events.
The Team and the role?
The Risk Specialist team is responsible for Supporting the Bloomberg MARS Solutions, including Front Office, Market Risk, XVA, and SIMM. We are looking to hire an individual contributor in the New York risk specialist team to join our exciting and fast growing team. As a successful candidate you will need to have strong modelling, data, project management and communications skills. You will need to have a good knowledge of market risk and be able to explain complex analytics as well as recommending best practices. You will be working closely with sales on running demos, conducting testing/reconciliation, managing product needs for production clients, and working on risk related projects to help improve and expand our existing risk platform.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for our client’s entire experience on the MARS and MARS Risk platform, starting from pre-sale
- Speak to clients to understand their risk needs from both analytics and workflow perspective
- Set up and give presale demos to prospects, based on their portfolios
- Explain and reconcile risk analytics
- Document and communicate product enhancements to both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the on-boarding of new clients from product perspective, including
- Insure the risk analytics and workflow are set up to client’s expectations
- Coordinate on delivering committed product enhancements on time
- Help configure the client's data, modelling parameters, application views, and reports
- Train clients on use of the system
- Support production risk clients
- Conduct monthly or quarterly client visits to discuss feedback and new requirements
- Act as point of escalation from help desk for client questions and issues, and, when necessary, coordinating internally to get them addressed
- Continue to work on upsell opportunities with sales for existing clients
- Provide feedback to colleagues on client needs, competitor intelligence and market trends
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience in quantitative finance, risk management role preferred
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple internal and external stakeholders and often under tight timeline
- Highly developed client facing skills and the ability to develop and maintain client relationships at all levels
- Extensive experience in the multi-asset class market risk space
- Modelling skills at Master of Financial Engineering level
- Passion for technology and data flows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work across multiple teams and reporting lines
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility and dedicated. A willingness to focus and commit to finding the best solution for our Clients
- CFA or FRM a plus
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.