Risk and Valuation (BVAL) Sales Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jul 19, 2019 - Requisition No. 76231
Out of the millions of securities that exist, most are thinly traded and difficult to price. Historically, subjective broker quotes were sufficient to demonstrate liquidity, and justify valuation. Today's market participants and firms understand the need for rigor and transparency when establishing fair and independent asset valuations, assessing liquidity and meeting heightened regulatory requirements.
When front, middle and back office functions all work with the same information, the entire enterprise benefits. Bloomberg's Enterprise Risk & Valuation services deliver that consistency. From our high-quality evaluated pricing data for fixed income and derivatives (BVAL), to innovative predictive analytics and liquidity management solutions (LQA), Bloomberg demonstrates a commitment to partnering with our clients.
Traders have the familiarity of terminal functionality. Risk committees will appreciate Bloomberg's ability to help identify, measure, and manage uncertainty particularly during volatile conditions. Accounting teams can expect defensible pricing with insight into the market data inputs used. And senior executives will obtain a greater sense of control over their risk through the transparency Bloomberg solutions provide.
What's the role?
As a key member of our North American Sales team, you'll be responsible for sales of the suite of solutions under the Bloomberg Valuation and Risk Services (BVAL) banner. You'll work closely with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, build strong relationships, and provide consultative solutions.
You will have a broad knowledge of fixed income and derivative markets, with a solid grasp of the regulatory landscape. You will be comfortable engaging with a range of players across organizations from asset managers to banks, hedge funds and custodians and fund administrators. You’ll be familiar with the flow of data around a financial organization; who uses it and for what purpose. You'll be a good listener; able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients. You’ll be comfortable interacting with C-level executives, be experienced with long selling cycles, and be confident in communicating how our pricing, liquidity and regulatory solutions will contribute to our clients' overall business goals.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage the sales engagement smoothly from beginning to end
- Establish and execute a pipeline building strategy for your target market
- Balance multiple engagements across the sales life-cycle
- Leverage market, product and technical expertise to identify client needs
- Build relationships across client organizations to ensure that all stakeholders are managed appropriately as part of the sales process
- Leverage your knowledge to build and maintain credibility with clients
- Act as a subject matter expert in your product area
- Be able to produce clear, concise proposals and presentations that identify client needs, current workflows, proposed solutions and commercials
- Work with internal product teams to recommend enhancements to our range of client solutions
- Collaborate across different product and sales teams to deliver the right suite of solutions for each client
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in sales where you have met or exceeded demanding targets
- A particularly strong fixed income and/or derivatives product knowledge, to provide high level analytical and product expertise to our clients and our sales force
- A competent grasp on the regulatory landscape
- A consultative sales approach
- Confidence in giving on site client presentations and trainings
- A willingness to travel is essential. Our clients are located all over North America
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Professional Service would be the icing on the cake
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.