SAP BW Reporting Analyst/Developer
New York, NY
Posted Oct 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 110283
Who we are:
We are responsible for Design, Build and support reporting solutions spanning both SAP and internal Bloomberg systems. We pride ourselves on staying abreast of new SAP reporting technologies and how to best leverage them to improve our analytical capabilities, providing value to our team and business stakeholders.
What's the role?
We are seeking a experienced SAP Business Warehouse (BW) reporting analyst/developer for our reporting team. In this role you will interact regularly with our accounting operations departments (e.g. Accounting, Procurement, Order to Cash and Supply Chain); serving as a reporting developer/analyst for your aligned process areas. You will work closely with your stakeholders to understand their business process and develop end to end reporting solutions to suite their needs.
You're one of those people who:
- Enjoys spearheading reporting projects end to end
- Enjoys interacting with diverse groups of users, and the challenge of solving complex reporting problems
We'll trust you to:
- Research and understand key business drivers and develop data models to support the analytical needs.
- Establish and nurture relationships with business partners to ensure project success.
- Be a self-directed, hard-working team member who’s equally comfortable working independently as well as part of our highly collaborative team.
- Analyze business workflows to address business needs.
- Act in a dual role, as a strategic adviser towards the business and a development project member in the SAP Business Warehouse team to ensure reporting solutions delivery.
- Interact with business owners to gather requirements, build data models and reports, document business definitions of data and conduct end user training.
- Manage priorities across projects and mitigate conflicting requests.
- Deliver sound reporting solutions that are easy to understand /maintain and scalable.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as requested by key end users.
- Ability to understand and incorporate new technologies and concepts.
- Able to play back business process to end users.
- Can use data profiling skills during requirements/research phase and play back to end users.
- Can discover hidden facts in the data/ business process and present to business users
- Can help other team members around technology and process questions
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of SAP BW working experience
- History of meeting deadlines in uncertain environments, and delivering high quality results
- Hands on experience with SAP BI Tools including BW, BOBJ, Lumira, SAC and HANA
- ETL and performance tuning experience, including coding of BW transformations and user exits
- SAP HANA modeling (both graphical and SQL)
- ABAP programming
- Familiar with agile working methodology (Scrum)
- Experience working with data from SAP modules (receivables, Vendor payments, Contracts processing, SD and Supply Chain areas)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 135,000 - 165,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus