SAP Financial Risk Lead
New York, NY
Posted Apr 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 90324
Who we are:
Bloomberg's Global Project Services establish, maintain and govern the frameworks (risk and controls governance, ITGCs, scrum, project/portfolio management, end user adoption) utilized by the SAP Technology and Global Finance departments. We support SAP and all related processes including Finance/General Ledger, Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Hire to Retire, Payroll and Supply Chain.
What's the role?
We are seeking a Financial Risk Lead for our Global Project Services – Financial Risk Management team. In this role you will interact daily with our accounting operations departments (e.g. Accounting, Procurement, Payroll, Supply Chain); serving as a support function for your aligned process areas. You will advise your stakeholders as it relates to financial risk and controls, ensure appropriate governance within our Financial Risk Framework, and provide guidance and hands-on support to the business as it relates to control automation and system security.
We’ll trust you to:
- Act as advisor to business partners in assessing risk and defining appropriate mitigation controls through activities including development of Risk and Controls Matrices (RACMs), process flow mapping, and refinement of controls
- Understand sensitive access and Segregation of Duties (SoD) risks within SAP applications and help guide SAP technology specialists and business partners to solutions that help mitigate that risk, including hands-on work to develop, maintain and govern our security risk rulesets
- Partner with technology and operational scrum teams to ensure risk and controls are considered as changes occur in people, process, and technology
- Act as advisor to our business partners to ensure appropriate governance over control performance, finding and implementing automation opportunities when possible leveraging tools such as SAP GRC Continuous Controls Monitoring and Blue Prism Robotics Process Automation
- Lead periodic controls self-assessment
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment, flexibility and a hands-on approach
- A Bachelor's degree or advance degree, preferably in Accounting or IT
- 5+ years of Audit experience required, Financial Services Industry and Big 4 experience a plus
- Ability to provide credible challenge to management with respect to applicable risks and sufficiency of control design
- Confirmed ability to influence and lead with and without authority
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills
- Hands-on Enterprise application experience (e.g. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
- Experience facilitating the development of risk flows and RACMs
- Experience building SoD and sensitive access rulesets
- Experience using GRC technology (SAP GRC, Archer)
- Experience with any of the processes supported by our team (Finance/General Ledger, Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Hire to Retire, Payroll and Supply Chain)
- A passion for new technology and ideas to support automation (e.g. machine learning, robotics process automation)
- Working in an agile framework (Scrum)
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.