SAP S/4 HANA FICO Analyst - Chief Accounting Office - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Jan 8, 2024 - Requisition No. 122483
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The Accounting Systems Team (SAP Team) supports the Corporate Accounting and Finance Teams by managing and administering the General Ledger and Reporting Systems (SAP S/4 HANA).
The S/4 FICO Analyst will be responsible for configuration, enhancements, support, and maintenance of the FI-GL and Cost Controlling modules within SAP. We are seeking a talented individual with strong back-end system experience and technical skills accompanied by strong financial accounting skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Chart Account Maintenance
- G/L & Cost Controlling related Master Data maintenance and support
- Company Code Creation and Maintenance
- FI-GL Accounting Systems Support & Production Support Issues
- Support Month-End Close
- Provide support and execution with Foreign Currency Revaluation
- Provide ALE support between S/4 Systems
- Support stakeholders with Journal Entry Processing
- Collaborate with business owners to understand new requirements to provide necessary support across accounting functions
- Prepare and maintain internal documentation and conduct end-user training
- Carry out functional and integration testing
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience working in ERP/Financial Systems
- A minimum of 5 years of SAP S/4 FI/CO technical support and implementation experience
- A bachelor's degree in Information Systems, ERP Systems, Financial Systems or related accounting systems field
- Strong understanding of key accounting concepts
We'd love to see:
- Experience writing both functional and technical documentation
- Adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies, and change control processes
- A capable, self-motivated, and confident attitude
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 170,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus