SEO Editor (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 91837
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We’re seeking an SEO editor to help grow Bloomberg’s search traffic across the newsroom. The editor will provide search optimization recommendations for top stories, and track performance to report back to top editors. This editor will also help contribute to SEO trainings and be in charge of weekly and monthly competitive analysis, and stay on top of SEO trends. This role will be in the New York office.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Pitch story ideas and create trending reports
- Attend daily news meetings and monitor stories each day for updating, and other tactical optimizations (headline changes, backlinking, story updates, image optimization and more)
- Track daily output and monitor our key stories
- Alert editors to ranking on stories and key terms
- Track competitive performance to create recap emails daily, weekly, and monthly
- Support the larger digital team in delivering SEO training sessions to newsroom editors
- Create an evergreen SEO strategy
- Collaborate with our SEO consultant
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 2-3+ years experience working on SEO, preferably in a newsroom
- Data familiarity to be able to track measurable impact of SEO efforts
- Ability to collaborate across teams
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Background in financial news is a plus
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.