SRE - Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 88744
The Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (SDAE) team develops and maintains software used by internal Bloomberg security teams. We are seeking a talented site reliability engineer that takes pride in their automation skills and expertise.
The SDAE SRE Mission:
- Ensure the stability of the existing infrastructure while working on the next generation of the stack
- Audit the existing infrastructure and address any critical issues
- Work with heterogeneous systems including but not limited to servers, databases, security appliances and software to keep the infrastructure operational 24x7x365
- Automate manual tasks and configuration management
- Migrate redundant local services to company-wide managed infrastructure
- Work with SDAE developers to build automated deployment pipelines, monitoring and failover
- Automating the configuration and management of Linux servers using Ansible
- Troubleshooting applications, networks, and operating systems where documentation may be out of date or non-existent
- Writing scripts in Python to automate tasks and interact with APIs
- Deploying, monitoring and managing services such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Splunk.
- Planning, prioritizing, and managing migrations while working with multiple stakeholders and ensuring continuous service availability
Technical skills and technologies:
- Coding fluency in python
- Networking: Understanding of TCP/IP, OSI model and common protocols. Ability to troubleshoot network issues
- System administration: OS and service administration and hardening (HTTP, DNS, NTP, SMTP, Active Directory, LDAP and other common services)
- Orchestration and Automation Frameworks: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Monitoring software: nagios, icinga, geneos, zabbix
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.