SRE - Security Data Platform
New York, NY
Posted Mar 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 101835
Security is a constantly evolving landscape with new threats and attack vectors upending the old reactive security (e.g. signature scanning) paradigms. To keep up with the new threats we need ways to have continuous visibility into a wide variety of information from an endpoint with ability to quickly deploy changes to capture more information and also ad hoc information in the event of incidence.
The Security Data Platform team is essential for our ability to manage and scale security systems that can work at Bloomberg Enterprise scale. This team is responsible for a broad set of systems that are essential for our ability to secure the enterprise and protect our client data. The solutions managed by this team cover a broad range of use cases and are built in collaboration with various stakeholders. To operate at scale, the push is to make provisioning of security infrastructure seamless and repeatable using infrastructure-as-code patterns and using various automation techniques.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll work with open-source tooling to develop applications and automation that have significant impact in improving security at Bloomberg. You’ll be exposed to cutting edge technologies and practices, and will work closely with other engineering teams to accomplish shared initiatives that are critical to the security of Bloomberg systems. At the same time you are developing skill sets that are transferable and in demand.
We’ll trust you to:
- Add and extend core features that help with the mission of the team.
- Constantly improve reliability, scalability, observability and availability of the system.
- Advise and execute on the design, architecture, and implementation of new software solutions.
- Collaborate with the engineering and product operations teams to find practical solutions to their problems.
- To learn and grow while enjoying what you are building.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in an SRE or similar role.
- Experience with using configuration and orchestration software such as Chef, Ansible or SaltStack.
- Experience programming in one or more languages (Python, Go, or C++).
- A strong understanding of Linux or Unix.
- An understanding of TCP/IP and network fundamentals.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- An ability to clearly communicate technical information to team members and stakeholders.
We'll love to see:
- Experience developing and/or troubleshooting scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with metrics and monitoring(e.g. grafana, humio, prometheus).
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools (Jenkins).
- Experience with SQL.
- Familiarity with Windows and macOS.
- Experience with Security monitoring tools is a plus (e.g. Osquery, Carbon Black)
- Contribution to open source projects is a plus.
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.