SRE - Trading Connectivity
New York, NY
Posted Oct 10, 2018 - Requisition No. 71204
The Trading Connectivity Engineering group is depended upon to provide broker and exchange connectivity to both buy-side and sell-side customers; supporting a gamut of asset classes. We're (one of the) largest private electronic networks of brokers (~5400 FIX sessions) globally, providing a customizable system for routing to a diverse range of broker destinations.
We're trusted as a center of excellence for exchange connectivity, with all our internal trading systems – SSEOMS, Tradebook, TSOX, and TOMS – connecting via our gateways to 65+ exchanges and venues around the world. Our highly reputed and extremely reliable applications process more than 10 million transactions a day, exceeding 10 thousand transactions per second peak rates.
The SREs in our group own and manage both the development and production environments. We're primarily responsible for building tools to cater continuous integration, automated software releases, configuration management, and system management. We also drive the use of new technologies and ensure we're collaborating across all SRE teams to identifying reusable tools and solutions, that empower our application teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Delineate best practices and standards for monitoring, logging & alarming with the application teams
- Assess and monitor the capacity of existing systems and derive metrics for future system capacity requirement and design
- Define standards based on reviews with application teams to ensure that scalability and performance aspects are considered during application design
- Build tools around automation of package deployments and rollback
- Develop frameworks to integrate continuous integration as a part of the software development process
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis
- Strong knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems
- Hands on experience in production deployment and release management
- A BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd like to see:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CI / CD using Jenkins.
- Familiarity with monitoring, alerting and scaling of large software systems
- Familiarity with industry standard tools for the collection of data across distributed systems, such as Splunk, Grafana, Humio, etc.
Check out more about how we work and what it means to be an SRE at Bloomberg in our blog post: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/bloomberg-bets-big-on-sres/