What's Bloomberg KYC?
Know Your Customer (KYC) is a prerequisite for doing business in the financial markets. While the requirements imposed for KYC are commonly seen as painful, inefficient and unsustainable, the cost of delays and regulatory breaches can result in significant fines and opportunity cost.
Many have wondered if data and technology could be used to reduce the pain, the costs or the risk. Or better yet – to help firms improve their bottom line by pursuing opportunities faster, achieving scale or growing relationships?
The answer is yes.
Launched in 2015, Bloomberg KYC is a new business within our Enterprise Solutions division. Leveraging Bloomberg’s core strengths to help clients reduce time-to-trade, allowing them to make more money faster, and to manage their KYC responsibilities with lower operating costs and greater due diligence.
Within the KYC solutions we offer is Entity Intelligence. We are more much, much more than your average screening provider. We provide our clients with intelligence to make better decisions.
What's the role?
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter to join a new compliance product team within Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions. As a member of the team supporting a new product in the Regulatory Screening space, you will liaise with your colleagues in Sales as a subject matter expert (SME) while also helping to prioritize and contribute to the solutions product roadmap.
With this innovative new solution, we aim to address our clients Regulatory Screening needs by providing critical data and technology solutions designed to streamline and enhance traditional screening processes. While this is an impressive initial offering, we have an aggressive roadmap towards capability expansion and need seasoned specialists to help grow the business.
We'll trust you to:
- Work across internal groups with various stakeholders to help facilitate the sales and fulfillment process for clients
- Work directly with the sales organization as the regulatory screening subject matter expert
- Represent Bloomberg solutions through discussion, creation of presentations and product demonstrations to prospects, clients and partners
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing Bloomberg with colleagues, clients, and the industry
- Interact with customers in a consultative, face to face selling environment in a way that builds value for the customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales
- Be diligent in maintaining current knowledge on industry issues and other competitive solutions, attend conferences, association meetings and trade shows to represent the firm and maintain understanding of evolving industry requirements
- Contribute to strategic account sales planning
- Act as bridge between product and sales to enhance solution roadmap
- Make in person visits to clients, light to moderate travel
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-8+ years experience, experience at a large bank is a plus
- Expertise or specialized knowledge of “Screening” components of client/vendor onboarding operations required
- Expertise or specialized knowledge in the regulatory and/or compliance space, specifically AML
- Comfort in working in a “startup” environment
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly evolving and expanding specialist role
- A deep understanding of our customers, applies knowledge of business and market dynamics to provide value add solutions and services
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple client engagements in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to successfully partner with internal stakeholders to advance agendas and obtain results
- Strategic thinking skills; demonstrating ability to plan and execute sales strategies
- Experience in uncovering key business opportunities and providing insightful, actionable recommendations for development
We’d also love to see;
- Existing relationships across the Buy Side and/or Sell-Side are certainly advantageous
- Expertise or specialized knowledge in the Regulatory and/or Compliance space is a plus
- Leadership skills, with previous experience in overseeing sales team’s successful track record of selling technology to Financial Market players
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://entityexchange.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.