Scrum Master - BLAW
New York, NY
Posted Feb 27, 2020 - Requisition No. 81579
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. BLAW provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day to day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients. Our goal is to use innovative technologies to deliver best in class solutions on a fast and reliable web platform that will impact the future practice of law.
On the BLAW Program Operations team, you will work with our BLAW development teams, including web application, search, SRE, and data platform teams. You will also coordinate with our product owners and Global Data partners to prioritize initiatives and share information. You will help drive excellence related to our product development and planning cycles. We are self-motivated individuals who work in a collaborative and Agile environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Facilitate typical Agile ceremonies
- Be a change agent for engineering teams, focusing on empowering the team
- Partner with Engineering TLs and Product Managers
- Improve visibility and predictability of initiatives and team deliverables
- Identify impediments and take action to remove those impediments
- Collaborate with team mates
- Understand different mechanisms for estimating work, such as velocity
You’ll need to have:
- Experience as a Scrum Master or similar type role
- Knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar scaled Agile practice
- Familiarization with Program Increment (“PI”) Planning
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy
- The ability to drive change in the process and management of operations of software development
- Ability to travel to Washington, DC approximately once every 3 months for a 1-2 day trip.
We’d love to see:
- Certification as a Scrum Master and/or SAFe certification
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience using PMAP
- Understanding the differences between coaching, mentoring, facilitating, and teaching
- Facilitation experience; guiding groups through processes that help them come to solution and make decisions
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Interest in developing more technical skills
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.