Scrum Master - Trade Automation & Execution
New York, NY
Posted Sep 21, 2020 - Requisition No. 84302
Bloomberg’s Trade Automation & Execution group connects traders to the markets and gives them powerful tools to streamline their workflow and enhance their performance. We provide a multi-asset trading platform to manage order lifecycle, monitor real-time analytics, and connect with dealers and trading venues globally. Our divisions include Equity Trading, Fixed Income and Currency Trading, Automation, Analytics, Trading Frameworks, and Reliability & Operations. These divisions work together to bring enhanced electronic trading and execution to these markets making it safer, accessible and more transparent. With trillions of dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics and higher order volumes putting a high emphasis on scalability, reliability and capacity.
The individual in this role will work with one of the divisions above and help execute it’s vision. Our group is pulled in many different directions by both technical and product needs. We need to remain focused on a plan that will deliver maximum value in an iterative fashion. You will work directly with an Engineering Manager and Product Owners to curate roadmaps and also reporting structures so that we can measure success and overall progress as a group. We want to invest in bringing a cultural shift by promoting behaviors and habits that allow for better collaboration and effective delivery, while maintaining a continuous improvement mindset that harnesses the power of continuous change.
We will trust you to:
- Facilitate meetings and discussions including Scrum events, general Scrum onboarding for new team members, user story slicing, and feature planning
- Empower teams to keep artifacts organized, updated and visible
- Perform ongoing assessments of the teams' agile maturity and implement iterations as needed
- Partner with product owners to ensure vision, road-map and personas are well defined, as well as mentor new POs in the role
- Guide teams on the importance of CI/CD, pair programming and test driven development
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration and quality practices
- Guide teams to understand the "why" behind the practices - sprint events (stand-ups, demos, retrospectives), road-mapping, backlog management (definition, refinement, prioritization)
- Embody a servant leadership mindset and know when to challenge teams/ organizational practices
- Partner with other Scrum Masters executing and collaborating on the overarching Agile transformation approach
- Grow your skill-set, learn new tools and techniques, and proactively develop innovative solutions
- Be able to draw upon different techniques and practices to grow the teams, such as scrum, kanban or other methodologies with the overarching goal of sustained agility throughout the organization
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience practicing Scrum and Lean Startup methodologies
- Expert knowledge of Atlassian tools (JIRA, JIRA Query Language and plug-ins like Structure and BigPicture) along with collaboration tools (G-Suite, MS Office, Confluence)
- An all hands-on-deck mentality to your work - depending on the task at hand you may be an implementer, trainer, facilitator or coach
We’d love to see:
- Scrum Master experience at a Fortune 500 company or equivalent
- Desire for ongoing education, including training, conferences, user group participation and self-study
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- Hands-on experience with Large Scale Scrum
- Training from the Back of the Room certification
- Strong experience in facilitation, guiding groups through processes that help them to come to solutions and make decisions
- Git/Github, markdown and git web pages for creating and maintaining documentation
- Demonstrated the ability to coach beyond Scrum - Kanban, XP, etc
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and want to make real, positive impacts to our people’s working lives, we want to talk to you! Submit an application.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.