Security Architect - Analytics and Identity (CTO Office)
New York, NY
Posted May 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 91717
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the forward-looking technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and applications that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT and our global network.
Our team sits in the Office of the CTO’s Security Architecture group. We solve complex security problems at the speed of business, keeping our clients at the cutting edge and their data secure. We solve complex technical problems with a user-focused approach, working with both internal stakeholders and our clients -- many of whom will look to you for technical expertise and guidance. Think you have what it takes?
As a security architect in the Office of the CTO, we’ll trust you with defining security best practices and fostering adoption of technologies to keep Bloomberg’s products and services secure. You’ll liaise with a variety of engineering teams, providing roadmap guidance as well as recommending appropriate security solutions. We’re a diverse, cross-functional team that works across many engineering disciplines, developing novel solutions that have direct impact on Bloomberg’s products and clients. And of course, you’ll need to be able to boil complex technical topics down in a way that is accessible and understandable.
We'll expect you to:
- Take on a leadership role in adopting new security products and best practices.
- Collaborate with engineering, product and client-facing partners at the intersection of security requirements and product design.
- Prove out new technologies and ideas through prototyping and proof-of-concept.
- Act as a security leader through the company, focusing on usable and functional security.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience building software in C / C++ on UNIX operating systems.
- Experience with other programming languages, such as Go, Python and Java
- Experience working on mission critical systems, especially in planning how to update and modify such systems while minimizing risk
- A willingness to engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders, bridging the gap between engineering and the business, fostering an understanding of complex technical concepts.
- Experience shipping real-world products.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with cryptographic protocol development
- Experience with identity management technologies, including developing and deploying PKI
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.