Security Architect - Corporate Technology
New York, NY
Posted Jul 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 105106
The Engineering Security Architecture team is responsible for information security on all employee-facing systems. We secure the “traditional” enterprise network, but also secure the SaaS applications used by Bloomberg LP. We review designs for internal teams, and architect, design, plan and implement technical controls that support the company's security policy and posture. Our success requires continuous collaboration with several other groups across the organization, including the Chief Technology Office, Chief Risk & Compliance Office/CISO, Corporate Technology, Engineering, Legal. We are a small, global team with a significant impact!
Bloomberg LP’s Security Design and Development team is seeking a motivated Security Architect to evaluate, develop, implement, and integrate cloud-based and on-premise services with Bloomberg LP infrastructure.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Provide security for cloud-based digital platforms and play an integral role in protecting the organization's data. This may involve analyzing existing cloud services and creating new and enhanced security methods.
- Collaborate with sister teams to identify and remediate information security vulnerabilities or design flaws.
- Perform as part of a larger team dedicated to securing SaaS/cloud-based solutions and on-premise technologies.
- Instruct and guide other teams to craft "secure by default" infrastructure; they may also investigate, build, and recommend innovative technologies or other methods that will improve the security of cloud-based and on-premises environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in information security
- 4+ years in IT infrastructure management, IT operations and project management
- Experience of information security principles and practices, especially the implementation of practical technical controls to support organization policy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills working with technical teams
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
WE’D LOVE TO SEE:
- Experience integrating on-premises Identity Access Management (IAM) with SaaS role-based access controls (RBAC)
- Strong understanding of cloud-based services such as O365, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technology and Network Security Infrastructure services
- Fundamentals of enterprise IT e.g., TCP/IP and related protocols, directory services, systems administration, Windows (Workstation and Server) technologies, macOS
- Background in CI/CD (Infrastructure as Code) developer tools such as GitHub, Jenkins using Python, PowerShell or similar; to integrate and automate 3rd party products with on-premises and cloud/SaaS tools
- Flexibility and the wiliness to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with the following technologies:
Logging and log aggregation systems Sumo Logic, Splunk, Humio or similar SIEM.
SSO products such as PingFederate or Okta
Cloud proxy technology (Netskope, Zscaler or similar cloud proxies)
Cloud Access Security Brokers (Netskope, Bitglass, MS Defender for Cloud apps)
Credential/secrets vault systems like CyberArk, BeyondTrust, Hashicorp Vault
Cloud-based EDR tools (Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Carbon Black, Falcon)
Does this sound like you? Please apply, and we will follow up to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus