New York, NY
Posted Jun 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 91255
The Global Security Architecture team is responsible for information security on all employee-facing systems. We secure the “traditional” enterprise network, but also secure the SaaS applications used by Bloomberg LP. We review designs and also architect, design, plan and implement technical controls that support the company's security policy and posture. Our success requires continuous collaboration with several other groups across the organization, including the Chief Technology Office, Chief Risk & Compliance Office/CISO, Corporate Technology, Engineering, Legal. We are a small, global team with a big impact!
WHAT’S THE ROLE:
Bloomberg LP’s Security Design and Development team is seeking a motivated Security Architect to evaluate, develop, implement, and integrate cloud-based and on-premise services with Bloomberg LP infrastructure.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Provide security for cloud-based digital platforms and play an integral role in protecting the organization's data. This may involve analyzing existing cloud services and creating new and enhanced security methods.
- Perform as part of a larger team dedicated to cloud-based management and security
- Steady state cloud-based program oversight due to creations and enhancements.
- Perform threat simulations to detect possible risks and providing security recommendations on topics like microservices design and /or application development.
- Instruct and guide other teams to craft "secure by default" infrastructure; they may also investigate, build, and recommend innovative technologies or other methods that will improve the security of cloud-based and on-premises environments.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in information security
- 2+ years in IT infrastructure management, application architecture, risk management, data architecture, middleware technology, and IT operations and project management
- 2+ years of SaaS / Cloud-based engineering, implementation and integration experience
- Experience of information security principles and practices, especially the implementation of practical technical controls to support organization policy
WE’D LOVE TO SEE (PLUSES):
- Experience integrating on-premises Identity Access Management (IAM) with SaaS role based access controls (RBAC)
- Experience using Python, Powershell or similar to integrate and automate 3rd party products with on-premises and cloud/SaaS tools
- Strong understanding of cloud-based services such as O365, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Sound Knowledge of Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) services orientation, frameworks and concepts / knowledge in cloud ecosystems
- Understanding of Digital Loss Prevention (DLP) technology and Network Security Infrastructure services
- Familiarity with CI/CD developer tools such as github, Jenkins
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) tools such as terraform
- Highly flexible/willing to learn new technologies
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Sumo Logic, Splunk, Humio or similar SIEM/log aggregation systems
- SSO products such as PingFederate or Okta
- NetSkope, Zscalar or similar cloud proxies
- CASB/SASE products
- Credential/secrets vault systems like CyberArk, BeyondTrust, Hashicorp Vault
- Cloud-based EDR tools
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.