Sell-Side OMS and Risk Implementation Specialist, Enterprise Services - Bloomberg Financial Services
New York, NY
Posted Jul 26, 2023 - Requisition No. 117868
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
Bloomberg Sellside OMS and Risk Implementation team provides our clients exceptional service in the scoping, deployment and integration of our solutions within the framework of their existing businesses. For the TOMS, MARS and DASH products, we partner with Sales and Account Management throughout the sales process to guarantee the solution is a fit for the client's needs. We then work with the client and our Product and Engineering teams to ensure the client has an efficient, exceptional onboarding experience.
What's the role?
The Sellside OMS and Risk Implementation team is responsible for:
- Working with Sales to analyze a client’s workflow, gather client requirements, identify gaps and propose our solution. This will include scoping the solution and presenting it to the client properly as well as communicating missing requirements to Product teams where we have no solution;
- Managing the implementation of any sale we make in line with our standard procedures. Working with our American client base to customize our products to fulfill the client firm’s requirements to exacting timelines;
- Ensuring our new clients are setup to extract the maximum benefit from the product;
- Defining procedures for the implementation of any new products;
- Working with Product teams on implementation-related new build to ensure we deliver in line with our commitments;
- Identifying opportunities to expand the product franchise within the client once the implementation has completed.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop detailed project plans and timelines, driving them to completion through agreement with the client and support from internal teams where necessary;
- Own each assigned complex and strategic engagement, acting as the primary day-to-day project management point person working across multiple internal groups and external vendors, driving tasks through to completion within tight deadlines;
- Drive transparency and consistency by clear communication and production of engagement-specific documentation;
- Define and promote standard methodologies for project management and implementation of Bloomberg solutions;
- Keep up to date with the latest market reforms and our latest product releases and to continue to challenge yourself in finding out how our various offerings can resolve client needs;
- Leverage your superb knowledge and relationship building skills to build and maintain credible relationships with partners and clients;
- Have a strong understanding of all the asset classes that the various Bloomberg solutions can support and the markets that are in your region.
You’ll need to have:
- A working knowledge of the sell side Fixed Income or Equity businesses;
- Proven experience in both independent and collaborative working environments in a fast moving business;
- Proven experience understanding and defining complex workflows;
- Demonstrated history of scoping engagements and gathering requirements;
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail and a meticulous level of precision.
We’d love to see:
- Prior experience in Sales or Account Management in the sell side Fixed Income industry;
- Prior experience in TOMS or another Sell-side OMS;
- Prior experience in risk and collateral management;
- Prior experience in financial derivatives;
- 5+ years of professional industry experience in Project Management.
What’s it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
What is Bloomberg?: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/what-is-bloomberg/
View our Benefits: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/employee-benefits/united-states/?tactic-page=588601
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus