Senior ABAP Engineer - SAP Engineering (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 78894
** Please note that this is a contract position**
Our team is the backbone of Bloomberg’s internal business functions. We directly enable Bloomberg to sell our products, deliver the best possible service to our customers, as well as conduct our business with efficiency, transparency, and integrity.
As a Senior SAP ABAP engineer at Bloomberg you will own the technical product, make recommendations to the business, and work with a diverse team of strong technologists to power Bloomberg's operational excellence and continued growth. While doing so, you will acquire new skills in our open and collaborative culture. You are encouraged to learn more technologies and also suggest improvements to business processes.
You will be successful through your strong technical skills, proactive problem solving, ability to learn quickly, and excellent communication with our stakeholders.
You'll need to have:
- Hands-on experience in ABAP development with good understanding of SAP’s technical architecture; we are looking at all skill levels to expand our team
- Expertise in software development practices (e.g. Object Oriented Programming, transaction processing, and database design)
- Excellent ABAP debugging and strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Good understanding of one or more functional modules in SAP
- Workflow or ALE/EDI experience
We'd love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.