Senior Accountant – International Controller’s Group
New York, NY
Posted Sep 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 95328
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. The International Controllers Group (ICG) is committed to generating high quality legal entity accounting that aligns with local rules and regulations across the global company footprint, while also continually enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, energetic, team-oriented and a flexible Senior Accountant to work in an exciting, fast-paced dynamic environment to provide international reporting oversight & analysis within the International Controllers Group.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for monthly accounting activities for international statutory reporting for overseas offices
- Handle monthly close process, including financial statement reconciliations, entries & balance sheet analysis
- Provide independent local audit support/reconciliations and ensure financial statements accuracy and timely completion
- Ensure timely completion of financial data for preparation of foreign tax returns
- Assist with development of operating budgets, financial statement analysis & variance analysis
- Assist with tax audits
- Assist overseas local bookkeepers with operational issues
- Be involved in process improvement projects
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 6+ years of experience; strong operational accounting financial analysis experience
- Experience working in a dynamic, large company environment with executive exposure
- Extensive analytical financial and superior Excel skills
- Proficiency in SAP or other ERP system
- Ability to manage projects and process change
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP and relevant accounting standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Team player mentality with ability to deal with changing priorities in fast paced growth environment
We’d love to see:
-CPA or MBA
- International accounting experience
- Audit experience (public accounting or internal audit)
- Experience managing projects or systems implementations
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.