Senior Accounting Analyst - Regulated Entity Controllers - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Jul 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 116269
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The Regulated Entities Controllers group within the Chief Accounting Office is seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst. The team is committed to provide high quality accounting and reporting functions to our business partners. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to support various legal entities in multiple jurisdictions, work with a diverse group of teams, and drive initiatives to enhance efficiency in a fast-paced and cutting-edge business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for the month end close process for multiple financial products and legal entities which includes expense/accrual analysis, variance analysis, and preparation of journal entries
- Conduct monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis across multiple legal entities
- Calculate intercompany fees in accordance with governing agreements and coordinate with cross functional teams to achieve proper and timely intercompany billing and settlements
- Be responsible for regulatory reports that are filed with various regulatory authorities
- Be responsible for the preparation of annual financial statements with related footnotes in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Coordinate and support year-end audits, ensuring all necessary work is performed, auditors’ questions and follow-up items are addressed
- Maintain internal controls documentation up-to-date and ensure controls are operating effectively
- Lead implementation of process improvements to build efficiencies and strengthened internal controls across coverage areas
- Complete ad hoc requests and contribute to special projects
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Strong accounting foundation including in US GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks for self and for team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We’d love to see:
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Experience in public accounting
- Experience in financial services industry
- Specific broker dealer or other regulated entity regulatory reporting experience
- Proficiency in SAP or similar accounting system
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus