Senior Analyst - Enterprise Controls Assurance
New York, NY
Posted Mar 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 74025
Risk is a fact of life for every business. Risk cannot be avoided but can be managed and mitigated. That's where Bloomberg's Enterprise Controls Assurance (ECA) team comes in. We look at our policies, processes, systems, and controls with an objective eye and play a meaningful and active role in helping our internal clients identify, manage and reduce risk. Our team helps minimize and handle risk effectively through developing, maintaining, and overseeing a risk-based approach to independently identify, assess, and monitor controls across the enterprise. Newly created in 2017 and rapidly expanding, the ECA team is looking for a new member to help us take our program to the next level.
What's The Role?
As a member of the ECA team, you will assess controls managed and owned by firm-wide support functions, provide recommendations and assist in the creation of remediation plans, and reporting to senior manager. You will also help with the growth of our program as we build automation into our testing approach.
We'll Trust You To:
- Establish relationships across various departments that provide firm-wide support (e.g., Engineering, Human Resources, Vendor Risk Management, Information Security, etc.) and collaborate to identify key risks, expected controls and significant changes across each of their managed processes
- Document, review and test the design and performance of enterprise level processes and controls to ensure the security and integrity of the information assets and continuity of the operations
- Assist in the development of automated testing to provide continuous monitoring of control effectiveness across firm-wide support functions
- Document our testing findings and provide guidance and track remediation plans to close control gaps and lower the firm’s overall risks
- Build out reporting dashboards for senior management and relevant stakeholders
- Provide support to third party audits (SOC and AT-101 reports)
- Act as advisors to business-specific risk managers
You'll Need To Have:
- 8+ years of work experience, preferably in a technical discipline
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
- General understanding of processes owned by firm-wide support functions (e.g., supply chain, SDLC, network security, access provisioning, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate with individuals of all levels and competencies (senior management, engineers, product managers, etc.)
We'd Love To See:
- Experience in IT controls testing
- Experience with Archer and Qlik Sense (or other GRC and data visualization tools)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), or other applicable certifications are a plus
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, and in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.