Senior Application Engineer - Contracts, Contributions and Security
New York, NY
Posted Sep 19, 2018 - Requisition No. 61788
The Contracts, Contributions and Security Engineering Team develops a number of applications managing internal resources and 3rd party data entitlement controls, contract & exchange management and intelligence systems and customer web portals to manage Bloomberg Enterprise products. Additionally, the group builds software that helps manage the concierge front desk and physical security of Bloomberg facilities.
See what each team is working on below:
Access Control / Business Continuity Planning
The access control/BCP team owns and supports the internal privileging system, which controls the access to Bloomberg functions, databases, servers, third party software, etc. We also develop a suite of applications for the risk team to manage and track incidents and to ensure business continuity in the event of disruptions.
The security team develops software to support various Security and Access Control systems. This includes facility access control for employees and visitors, ensuring business continuity in the event of outages or incidents affecting employee's access, safeguarding our clients' and employees' sensitive data and controlling access to our systems based on users' roles and responsibilities.
The contribution entitlements team develops and supports Bloomberg Global Data Contributions Entitlement Systems. The system is a high-performance robust entitlement system that controls real-time client access to all third party contributed data such as News, Research, Pricing and Derivatives across the Bloomberg platform. We build infrastructure for various Bloomberg applications to query whether a customer has access to content on Bloomberg Terminals and BPipe, Data License, Server API or Media on Enterprise products. You will help us build applications that help our clients stay ahead of the markets in a very dynamic environment.
Contracts & Exchange
The contracts & exchange team is responsible for the development of our Contracts Management Systems which control automation, electronic signage and archival of all client contracts across our Core Terminal and Enterprise product lines. We own the Exchange Management System, which updates our Master Data, Client real-time entitlements and Exchange reporting, as well as our Customer Service Center Portal where we control client orders, exchange entitlements, enterprise products and accounting. Our systems support more than 300,000 global customers providing analytical, admin and customer service infrastructure. You will be challenged with problems on ease of use, streamlining workflow, web solutions and compliance. You will have the opportunity to liaise with the business to drive system designs and provide innovative solutions.
Our system maintains all the requirements for customers across the globe to trade electronically on the Bloomberg Terminal and remain compliant with constantly changing regulations. The compliance team builds software to allow our Compliance department to update these requirements as fast as they need to. We also build the APIs to integrate with the various Electronic Trading Platforms across Bloomberg to confirm compliance in real-time.
As part of these teams, we'll trust you to:
- Be the owner of the product – working closely with the business to build a strong product
- Be a solid team player - working with others in a highly collaborative environment
- Be a fast learner - have the passion to learn a new tech stack along with understanding the business logic by working on various projects
- Be innovative – utilize the acquired knowledge and actively introduce new ideas
- Be result driven – keep up with the speed in a fast paced environment
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of professional experience in a strongly-typed object-oriented language
- 2+ years of professional experience with a relational SQL database
- Professional experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with front-end/UI development- Experience working with microservices and distributed architecture
- Experience with Python
- Virtualization, containerization and orchestration tools (Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Continuous integration, testing and deployment tools (Jenkins, GoogleTest, Chef)
- An understanding of queuing technologies and caching technologies
- Experience in machine learning/NLP
- Project management skills
- Ability to communicate concisely with all stakeholders