Senior Atlassian Developer (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 67785
Bloomberg's Communication Systems Team is responsible for ensuring transparency and efficiency of communication throughout the company. We are looking for engineers with a passion to solve problems and improve productivity for users throughout all levels of management in the organization.
Our team is seeking a self-motivated senior Atlassian software developer/architect consultant with an interest in designing solutions for complex development environments and implementing scalable architectures. In this senior role, the candidate will work with cross-application teams to identify cross-cutting problems and develop robust solutions toward enhancing the product and building scalable applications. The candidate must exhibit excellent problem-solving, architectural and programming skills with a passion for solving large-scale data problems and quickly learning emerging technologies. The candidate should also demonstrate the ability to deliver large projects independently, while positively collaborating with different teams.
If you love owning critical systems and building tools that have a company-wide impact, we’d love to hear more about how you’ve done so in a collaborative environment. If you are passionate about your work, embrace changing business priorities and enjoy consistently delivering on exciting projects, you will enjoy working here.
We’ll trust you to:
- Exhibit competency with general JIRA administrative tasks such as: creating and updating custom workflows, post functions, and validators; managing changes to workflows, screens, fields, JQL scripting and reporting
- Have significant exposure to with Atlassian products, especially plugin development, REST services, and an in depth understanding of JIRA administration
- Serve as the primary user support contact for Atlassian tools
- Be able to develop custom plugins and evaluate and advise on plugins and plugin development- Serve as the Jira/Atlassian technical resource for tool upgrades
- Have a good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) design and architecture, version control systems, continuous integration and related tools-
- Develop user training as needed- Have experience in one or more high level languages (C++, C#, Java, Python, etc)
Open and manage requests to Atlassian technical support
We’d love to see:
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment
- Experience with consolidation of multiple JIRA servers and/or migration to Jira Software Data Center
- Experience with load testing, monitoring and tuning of Atlassian products
- ACP Jira Administrator Certification is a plus
- An interest in the latest technologies, industry practices, research, and trends
- Experience with Linux, Apache, Tomcat server configuration and tuning, and JVM tuning is a plus
- Experience with BigPicture, Structure and ScriptRunner for Jira plug-ins