Senior Audio Producer
New York, NY
Posted May 28, 2019 - Requisition No. 75303
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news and data investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Digital is looking for a Senior Audio Producer to join the podcast team at its flagship online publication in New York. This role on the Bloomberg Digital team will largely focus on narrative storytelling in podcast form and requires a passion for long-form journalism, expertise in audio production and experience working in narrative audio formats.
This Senior Audio Producer’s role is mostly focused on narrative storytelling and will be responsible for working with the global newsroom, particularly investigative reporters, to seek out stories that could work well in a narrative audio format. This producer will also take the lead working with the rest of the team in storyboarding concepts, writing scripts, editing audio and recording with journalists both in the studio and in the field. The ideal candidate has three to five years of experience working in audio with an emphasis on multimedia storytelling. The job requires a commitment to the best journalistic practices, impeccable judgment under fire, fantastic taste, and strong collaboration skills. An appreciation for traditional media paired with a passion for digital storytelling is critical for success. Familiarity with Adobe Audition, the software most commonly used at Bloomberg, as well as other audio editing software, such as Pro Tools and Audacity, is a plus.
We'll trust you to:
- Work with the global newsroom to seek out investigative stories that work in a narrative podcast format
- Storyboard concepts and create a framework for new narrative podcasts
- Do scripting work and collaborate with editors to refine them
- Record interviews both in the studio and in the field
- Edit audio into podcast form and identify sound design needs
- Manage 1-2 big, long-term podcast projects at a time and communicate milestones, progress and issues to the team leadership
- Collaborate with both the podcast team as well as many other teams throughout the newsroom
You'll need to have:
- Three to five years of experience working in an audio role
- Experience in longform storytelling formats, including generating and fleshing out story ideas
- A technical skillset, including digital audio editing
- High journalistic standards and familiarity with business journalism
- College degree in a relevant field
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.