Senior Backend Engineer - IB Integrations
New York, NY
Posted Jul 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 102130
The Communication Channels Group is responsible for supporting one of the largest and most influential financial networks in the world, through the Bloomberg Terminal’s Instant Messaging and Email products. IB (Instant Bloomberg) provides the natural platform for pre-trade and post trade conversations by offering seamless integration with various trading and data analysis tools on and off the Bloomberg terminal.
The IB Integrations organization provides the IBConnect framework offering a variety of integration solutions (GraphQL & REST APIs), allowing clients and applications at Bloomberg to implement streamlined, efficient and compliant workflows integrated with IB. This year, we are also launching the IB Bot framework with a goal of providing our clients with several off-the-shelf bot services and utilities to easily build and deploy custom bots.
What we’re Building:
- Designing and developing various foundational elements of the Bot platform (for e.g. User Experience & Technology stack) with a goal of offering Bot solutions consistent with industry offerings.
- Creating First Party Bots integrated with Bloomberg’s top of the line financial data, news, research and analytical services.
- Designing and implementing a self service portal for Bloomberg applications and clients to develop and deploy First Party and Third party Bots respectively.
- Implementing new Bot interaction modes for end users for e.g. Slash Commands and Usage Hints
- Integrating Bots with various IB feature offerings like IB Search & Alerting solutions & Bloomberg’s compliance offerings to allow Terminal IB users and Compliance officers to manage Bot related interactions.
- Building GraphQL APIs for IBConnect Framework
- Our technology stack includes but is not limited to open source technologies like Redis, Kafka, openAPI, HTTP, REST, GraphQL, ReactJS and primary programming languages are Python & C++
- End-to-end, full stack product development with a stronger focus on backend development and API design
- The opportunity to partner with pivotal technology stakeholders like Bloomberg’s CTO & Security Architecture teams, as well as our product and Bloomberg’s UX team to design feature offerings that have direct access to client’s technology teams for feedback
- Domain knowledge and a solid Bloomberg network while collaborating with teams providing services (AI, Compliance) & applications integrated with the Bot platform.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of Software Design and Development Experience
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python or Java
- Strong Fundamentals in Algorithms, Data Structures, Systems and Databases
- Familiarity with design and implementation of large scale distributed real-time systems
- An understanding of continuous integration principles and writing testable code
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills
- Familiarity with messaging systems (for e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ) & caching technologies (for e.g. Redis)
- Working knowledge of designing REST API’s and transport protocols like Websockets & HTTP2
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.