Senior Backend Engineer- KYC Entity Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Oct 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 71131
Are you interested in working on an upstart product that is trying to disrupt the market and dislodge older, existing solutions? Are you interested in joining a small group of dedicated developers whose singular goal is to build out a product that will stand out from all the rest?
As the Know Your Customer (KYC) industry evolves at a rapid pace, we are responding by building innovative and best-in-class enterprise software solutions that enable our clients to gain competitive edge in their industry.
Our product, Entity Intelligence, is a web-based solution that allows our clients to manage and monitor risk-related financial crime by screening potential clients against multiple sources such as sanctions, watch lists, and negative media reports. Leveraging real-time search, powerful matching algorithms, and daily alerting, clients can flag risks almost immediately.
In our dynamic and collaborative environment, you will design and build solutions that are flexible, scalable, and easy to maintain. You will also help figure out the right solutions for our clients’ needs. If you are passionate about helping us build these solutions, we want to hear from you.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and develop robust services in Java in coordination with frontend developers and UX designers
- Work directly with the business to understand use-cases and implement well-tested features.
- Architect solutions using current technologies to solve both business and technical.
- Build pragmatic software solutions where features are quickly delivered without sacrificing code quality
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java or another object-oriented language
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and Relational Database Design
- Proven experience building scalable services
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience designing RESTful and SOAP API interfaces
- A desire and willingness to be challenged and learn new technologies and business domains
- Familiarity with Linux
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with an ORM (SQL Alchemy, Hibernate, or other)
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Professional experience with Node.js or ReactJS
- Professional experience with Spring framework
- Experience with Cloud services