Senior C++/C Systems Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Oct 9, 2017 - Requisition No. 62593
We build the low level infrastructure and applications that support thousands of applications on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our clients are thousands of Engineers at Bloomberg, so the appreciation and downstream impact of our work is huge.
We’re solving fundamental problems in computer science with proprietary solutions – building infrastructure software such as leader-election systems, process-managers, work dispatchers with advanced routing and fairness algorithms, a distributed job scheduler, a tiered cache system, and more!
We’re designing and developing common infrastructure that's high-performance, contains relevant telemetry/metrics and is designed to be offered as a "batteries included" service to other developers.
What’s in it for you:
- We work on products that are immediately used and consistently relied on.
- We are a team of engineers who live and breathe high performance, well-factored, scalable, testable code that reacts quickly to new business initiatives
- You’ll have the responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from taking a novel idea to request gathering and coding to deployment, documentation and maintenance
- We work on a diverse array of projects using Agile methodology, in close partnership with our users
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with development teams to better understand their needs for infrastructure software
- Drive and own highly visible and widely used products
- Write well-tested, robust and performant code in a cross-platform/distributed environment, while sticking to a modern SDLC
- Architect solutions and algorithms that are scalable and robust
- Resolve problems in production quickly by relying on strong debugging skills and a scientific approach to debugging
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience programming in C++/C in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and written/oral communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (python/perl/bash)
- Proven experience with database design and access using SQL
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Splunk, Data-Dog
- Multi-thread/multi-process programming; distributed/parallel programming.
- A detail-oriented engineer, who is eager to learn and is passionate about developing software