Senior C++ Concurrency Expert: Bloomberg Development Environment (BDE)
New York, NY
Posted Nov 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 79989
The Bloomberg Terminal has thousands of applications, all designed to be highly reliable, and perform at the speed of market data. The BDE team provides the C++ building blocks for these applications. The BDE team is also responsible for spearheading Bloomberg's contributions to the C++ standard and ensuring future iterations of the C++ language provide features necessary to Bloomberg.
Who are you? An engineer who is intimately familiar with the C++ language, and who has worked with concurrent data structures. You're motivated to move the C++ language forward in a way that supports large scale software systems. You thrive in an environment where you are held to the highest standard and all software is written in a consistent style.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop high-quality, high-performance C++ code in a timely manner
- Mentor others in your areas of expertise and thrive in a team environment
- Take responsibility for the quality of the BDE library in all aspects, including testing and documentation
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with C++
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented design
- Strong knowledge of concurrent primitives and data structures
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong, especially written, communication skills
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux-based systems
- Good people skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with high-performance UNIX programming
- Knowledge of software design
- Knowledge of and interest in advancing the C++ Language Standard
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.