Senior C++ Engineer - Application Integration
New York, NY
Posted Sep 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 81669
Bloomberg has a reputation for providing the most accurate, comprehensive, and valuable financial information to our clients. They rely on this data to drive their workflows, whether it's presenting company research or performing complex financial modeling in a spreadsheet. Our job is to make this process possible and efficient for our customers.
Who are we?
Bloomberg’s Core Application Team - We streamline our client’s workflow by combining Bloomberg's wealth of data functions with Microsoft Office (desktop, mobile, and cloud). For example, when a stock price changes, so does the spreadsheet model our client built – automatically and in real-time! Our solution is driven by the development of local device infrastructure, micro-services, and Add-ins / Custom Functions that leverage rich Office extensibility APIs.
Where do you come in?
You’ll bring your technical expertise and curiosity to help build and optimize the next generation cross platform and cloud applications. You’ll develop Office Custom Functions and associated infrastructure to deliver real-time market data to our clients. Your work will have impact for over 300,000 of our customers while fulfilling over 4 billion requests monthly.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze business requirements, collaborate with internal development groups, and design & build service infrastructure that bring the power of Bloomberg to our global client-base
- Build creative services and solutions on iOS, Linux, and Windows
- Take ownership of projects while collaborating with us, your teammates, using agile and a test-driven approach
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of designing and building successful customer facing applications
- Deep knowledge of modern C++ (14/17), STL, and Boost libraries
- Strong knowledge of concurrent computing, algorithms, SDLC principles, modern design patterns, TDD, and service oriented architecture
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with Linux/Windows APIs
- Familiarity with Cloud Services (Azure/AWS)
- Experience with post-mortem analysis tools (WinDBG)
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, please apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.