Senior C++ Engineer - Bloomberg Vault
New York, NY
Posted Jun 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 67502
You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something he/she shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications and trading platforms.
In Bloomberg Vault, you’ll help us build large scale data access, processing and reporting systems that package and deliver complex events streams spanning over communication, collaboration, and financial transaction data to both internal and external clients. More than 1,000 organizations use Bloomberg Vault to manage and archive their enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files, trade and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects, and we are looking to grow significantly in the next two years.
That’s where you come in. You will be a senior member of our team who is up for the challenge of building secure, scalable and high quality services and pipelines using a combination of proprietary and open source technologies.
We will trust you to:
- Work effectively with Product Owners and be able to influence the product/technical vision
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Write unit/integration tests, perform code reviews, and contribute to our SDLC process improvements
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++, object-oriented design with STL and Design Patterns
- 2+ years of experience in developing multi-threaded applications and large scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language such as Python or Bash
- Experience in database design and access using SQL/no-SQL solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience in all phases of the Agile and test-driven SDLC
- Experience with open source technologies such as Kafka, Accumulo, HDFS
- Deep knowledge of search engines like Apache Lucene and Solr
- Ability to learn and pick up new languages quickly (JVM language, Python, Scripting language)
- A keen interest in technological advances and the ability to incorporate new technology into existing systems
If you're excited by these challenges, passionate about community-driven development and have a flexible, creative approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application and learn more about Bloomberg Vault at bloomberg.com/vault.